Monday, February 18, 2008

SMURF!



I have had the honor to cooperate on a TV-commercial for Albert Heijn. Hollands biggest supermarket. The commercial is about the smurfs that you can get for free when you do your shopping at AH. It was my job to design the Harry character, and to paint all of the Backgrounds. I had a lot of fun doing this job, and also I learned a lot about animation, since it was my first animation project. The storyboard was done by the great Daan Jippes and the movie was directed by Hans Buying.


As you can see this is the evolution of the Harry character. I had to navigate between likeness and smurfness...








6 comments:

Brian said...

Good job on the backgrounds!
Hope this leads to more animation projects.

Doodle.nl said...

Goed WERK!

SEILER said...

Wouter, American animation has nothing on this . . . so SWEEET! I think you've got a future in this kind of work . . . just amazing Wouter, beautiful work, I'm blown away!

tomm said...

smurfy

Jelle Gijsberts said...

Toffe achtergronden hoor! Had ze al een tijdje terug bij Arjan (1 van de animatoren) gezien. Te gek hoe je met perspectief en het warme licht speelt, werkt hier echt heel mooi!

Pat Bollin said...

How did you learn to do the curved perspective? Thats so incredibly expressive.